Operations Associate - Lowell Auditorium - Lowell, MA
Operations Associates are behind the scenes stars who ensure our venues looking their best and operating at a high standard to ensure a clean and safe experience for all patrons, artists, and other clients. This role includes responsibilities such as cleaning, event set up and breakdown, snow removal, trash removal, and physical maintenance to the venue.
Reports to: Operations Supervisor and/or Director of Events & Operations.
- Perform all daily, weekly and regular cleaning duties to ensure that all areas of the theatre are clean and presentable following performances and special events. Cleaning duties consist of, but are not limited to: sweeping and mopping floors, vacuuming and cleaning rugs, cleaning bathrooms, cleaning mirrors, glass doors, partitions and interior windows, dusting and polishing furnishings, doors, trim and other items, emptying refuse containers as needed, picking up and removing debris and trash from interior of theatre and front of buildings, cleaning and sanitizing lavatories, toilets, showers and countertops, replenishing and replacing toilet tissue, paper towels, soap and other items in public and back-of-house restrooms prior to each performance and as needed, regular cleaning of refrigerators and coolers, wiping down kitchenette areas and sinks.
- Ensure that all patron areas including bathrooms are clean and well stocked with supplies prior to shows and events.
- Maintain clean and safe entrance to the venue including snow removal, salting of sidewalks and stairs, mopping and sweeping of entrance/exit surfaces, proper installation of crowd barriers, keeping all doors and access points in good working order, etc.
- Assist Director of Events and Operations with repairs of the venue systems such as painting walls, fixing broken seats, and other basic tasks as needed.
- Perform special event set-up and break down duties per instruction of appropriate parties. This includes moving furniture; setting up tables and chairs; assembly of stands, risers or rented equipment; setting up portable sound system, etc., and cleaning after events and moving tables, chairs, etc., to designated storage areas.
- Responsible for all deliveries to the theatre related to beverage inventory, supplies, playbills, merchandise for upcoming shows, etc.
- Be available to help with facilities coverage for shows and special events, on an as needed basis.
- Work with other staff to ensure that all related responsibilities are carried out.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event and Operations team.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work flexible schedules to include days, evenings, and weekends, as required by theatre and conservatory event schedules.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers, donors and members with high level of customer service.
- Ability to move throughout the theatre and office environment and continuously perform essential functions for an extended period of time.
- Must be able to walk, stand, climb, kneel, reach, crawl, push, pull, and twist the majority of the day.
- Must be able to lift up at least 30lbs.
- Preferred ability to paint, use power tools, light machinery, etc.
- High School diploma or equivalent
Job Type: Part-time
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
Currently our venues are closed to the public until local guidance says it is safe to host events. Once we open to the public it will be with reduced capacity, social distancing, required PPE, and stringent cleaning protocols.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Cleaning: 1 year (Preferred)
- Facilities maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)
- Painting: 1 year (Preferred)
- HVAC: 1 year (Preferred)
- Plumbing: 1 year (Preferred)
- Commercial electrician experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Carpentry: 1 year (Preferred)
- Forklift Certification (Preferred)
- One location
Hours per week:
- 10-19 hours week week
- $13.50 - $20.00 per hour
This Job Is:
- A job for which military experienced candidates are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants under 18 years old, provided it is legally allowed for the job and location
- A good fit for applicants with gaps in their resume, or who have been out of the workforce for the past 6 months or more
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
Company's Facebook page:
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place