Accounting Manager (Full-Time)
Immediate opening for an Accounting Manager for Spectacle Live, New England’s largest independent concert promoter and live event venue operator. The Accounting Manager assists in the development and implementation of company goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and Spectacle Live policies and procedures.
Job Type: Full-Time
Schedule/Location: This is a full-time, 100% in-office position, located at Spectacle’s Live's offices in downtown Lowell, MA. Standard office hours are Monday-Friday, 9am to 5pm.
Reports to: Director of Finance
- Assist in the development and implementation of facility goals and priorities relating to financial management, budget, accounting, purchasing, and/or payroll in compliance with State and Federal law, and Spectacle Live policies and procedures
- Manage financial reporting and oversee event finances and coordinate financial reporting for multiple facilities, as well as food and beverage operations within those facilities
- Develop and implement all financial reporting, including:
- Prepare financial statements for Spectacle Live corporate, and other financial reports, including monthly statements, annual budget, and annual reports
- Direct the installation and maintenance of accounting records to show receipts and expenditures
- Direct the maintenance of general and subsidiary ledgers, accounts receivable, revenue distribution, depreciation, cost, property, and operating expenses, and insurance records
- Coordinate preparation of Client or external audit materials and financial reporting; implements recommendations of Client as requested
- Coordinate year-end report of fiscal performance for the General Manager's report
- Review financial statements with management personnel
- Record event settlements
- Review and execute all checks and deposits; reviews daily cash receipts and disbursements.
- Direct the installation and maintenance of any new accounting, timekeeping, payroll, inventory, property, and other related procedures and controls
- Other projects as assigned.
Education and Experience:
- B. S. in Accounting or Finance from a four-year college or university or equivalent
- At least 5 to 7 years’ experience in accounting and/or financial management
- Live event, sports, or event ticketing industry accounting experience a plus, but not required
Skills and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge of general and cost accounting
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and organizational ability
- Ability to work with and maintain highly confidential information is required
- Strong work ethic and desire to be a leader and domain expert within the organization
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software (Quickbooks Online a plus)
- Extensive knowledge of accounting software, spreadsheets and word processing software
- Extensive knowledge of Quickbooks accounting software
- Extensive knowledge of Excel, Word and Outlook
- Event ticketing software knowledge is a plus
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to interact with all levels of staff including management
- Ability to work irregular hours that may vary due to functions and may include day, evening, weekends and holidays
- Ability to prioritize multiple projects and meet strict deadlines.