Concessions Associate - Nashua Center for the Arts (Part-Time)
Concession Associates are key members in making our venues enjoyable guest experiences with their customer first mentality, timely service, and attention to detail in fulfilling food and beverage orders. Concessions Associates also play an important internal role for cash control, quality assurance, and cleanliness. A dedicated food & beverage program is what takes an event into an experience of a lifetime!
Contact Iris Perez (email@example.com) for more information
Venue: Nashua Center for the Arts in Nashua, NH
Department: Food & Beverage
Reports to: Food & Beverage Supervisor and/or Director of Food & Beverage
- Provide premium customer service by welcoming guests to the stands and answering product or pricing questions.
- Fulfill patron orders at a quick pace while still ensuring accuracy of the order.
- Process payments (cash or card) and tender change, along with ensuring that all received cash is well-accounted for and stored in a safe area.
- For some events, Concessions Associates will be taking and running orders to premium seating areas or VIP events.
- Qualified and assigned Concessions Associates will also serve as bartenders making basic mixed drinks, pouring wine, and pouring beer. Associates serving as bartenders will be responsible for enforcing alcohol regulations including IDing patrons, monitoring for over serving, and proper handling of alcohol.
- Follow proper sanitation guidelines during food preparation and beverage pouring.
- Participate in the set-up of concession stands, arrange inventory of supplies, and communicate shortages of deficiencies to the appropriate parties.
- Perform clean-up duties after each shift and ensure that concession stand is sanitized and neat in appearance.
- Handle light bookkeeping duties by creating and maintaining reports of cash received against food and beverage items sold.
- Clean and maintain food preparation equipment such as grills and ovens on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned by the Food & Beverage Department.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Experience handling food and beverages.
- Ability to operate basic software and technology such as a tablet, credit card swipe, and Point of Sale.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced service environment.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and weight of at least 25 pounds.
- Ability to work weekends, holidays, and evenings.
- At least 16 years of age, preferably a high school diploma or a GED.
- Qualifications to handle to serve alcohol (18 or older, TIPS certified, and experience mixing drinks) are preferred.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: Starting rate of $15.00/hour, some positions are tip eligible