Event Staff/Security - Nashua Center for the Arts (Part-Time)
Event staff are our force of passionate and highly trained professionals that ensure events are safe and enjoyable for all who attend our venues. Event Staff provide security and customer service for the venue during public events, private rentals, and all other uses as needed. Event staff control access of spaces based on proper credentialing, establish effective rapport with house management and customers, facilitate timely resolution of conflicts, and help execute event logistics.
Contact Iris Perez (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
Venue: Nashua Center for the Arts in Nashua, NH
Department: Event Services
Reports to: House Manager and/or Event Supervisor and/or Event Manager
- Assist the Event Supervisor/Manager with executing event logistics including pre/post show events, autograph signings, meet & greets, etc.
- Provide safe and effective crowd flow including bag checks, entering patrons in the building, exiting patrons out of the building, monitoring lines at points of interest (bathrooms, concessions, merchandise), and notifying the operations team of dirty or damaged venue areas.
- Secure authorized access points to ensure passage of only credentialed individuals.
- Monitor bus, truck, and other production vehicle parking.
- Circulate among visitors, patrons, volunteers, and employees to protect venue property and enforce venue policies.
- Assist house management with guest disturbances.
- Other duties as assigned by the Event and Operations team.
Job Skills & Qualifications
- Ability to work nights and weekends with occasion weekday afternoons
- Ability to stand and walk for the duration of the shift, up to 12 hours.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact in a sensitive, courteous, and understanding way with members of a diverse community, including venue patrons, internal staff, artists, artist management, clients, sponsors, etc.
- Ability to sustain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Part-time
Compensation: Starting rate of $15.00/hour